I have been really excited to post this because I am just so overwhelmed that a fellow blogger has nominated me! I always feel like I fade into the background with things like this and I will never be noticed. I feel so much more positive now.
Today has been a super day!
So the aim of the Sunshine Blogger award is nominate other Bloggers that you’d like to know more about. It’s a way of getting to know each other and showcasing some of the amazing Blogs within our community. The Good Human nominated me for this Sunshine Blogger Award, you can find her Blog here. Thank you!
So, my answer to the questions are as follows:
1. What made you want to start a Blog?
There are a few reasons I wanted to start blogging. I mainly felt it would be a useful outlet for my daily struggles and I hoped that others would be able to resonate. I also wanted to contribute to raising awareness of mental health issues and the stigma around it.
2. What’s your main philosophy in life? When did you first recognize this philosophy and put it into effect?
To be open and honest with myself and all around me. This philosophy first arose two years ago, post breakdown. I realised that a great percentage of my anxiety and nervous disposition was caused by being dishonest in all aspects of my life. I created a universe in which I would hide from the real world and orchestrate farcical surroundings in the belief this would protect me. After being consumed by anxiousness, I made the somewhat difficult decision to eradicate the destructive world I had built. Once I had began dismantling I felt a concoction of embarrassment, guilt and freedom; I was ready to start over.
3. In the future where do you hope your blog will take you?
I am unsure at this stage how far my blog will go however my overall hope is that I manage to help at least one other person who has suffered in similar ways.
4. Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
This question is somewhat difficult to answer in one particular way. To the outside world, I am an introvert. I hate strangers, new surroundings and people who are obnoxiously loud. However, when I am with my partner or my family, I am completely different. I can be the life and soul of the party or exude confidence by showing knowledge in certain areas and giving advice but really, I am not overly loud nor do I believe that I have to ‘showboat’ in order to get my point across.
5. When/if you do go out to socialize, what things do you enjoy doing?
My girlfriend and I love to try new restaurants (because we really wouldn’t turn down food), we like to go and see our friends and also going on educational day trips with her family. We love to learn new things and broaden our horizons but we don’t really partake in activities which involve a lot of people.
6. Is what you’re doing now what you always wanted to do growing up? If not, then what did you always dream of doing as a child?
I work in the most boring profession ever, insurance. No, this is not what I wanted to do at all. I spent the majority of my childhood sad because I ‘wasn’t good at anything’. I never really dreamed of doing anything but when I was 16, I decided that I wanted to be a funeral director because I wanted to help people in their time of despair/grief.
Weird profession choice, I know.
7. What is the best way to cheer you up on a bad day?
My girlfriend and my cats make me happy. How original right? A lesbian with cats? Who would have thought it.
When I am really sad, my girlfriend puts on this funny little voice which just makes me laugh. I can’t explain it. We have been together nearly 6 years and I still find her absolutely hilarious.
8. Who has impacted you most in blogging and how?
As I haven’t been blogging for long, I can’t really say that an individual or a blog specifically has impacted me the most. In my opinion, as a new blogger, I have impacted myself the most by taking away my mental barrier and pushing myself in this new venture.
9. What’s an ideal weekend for you?
Netflix and chill. I’m not even lying. Give me my girlfriend, the cats, a duvet and Netflix and I am set.
10. Who has impacted you most in blogging and how?
Refer back to 8 😊
11. What do you find the most frustrating aspect of blogging?
Putting myself down and having a million other bloggers to compete with. I struggle with my confidence the most therefore anything I write, I hate. I have to push myself to post anything and I am scared that people will not appreciate or see what I have to say.
As well, I just want to be a part of a blogging community where I can have and give support, share ideas and tips.
The people I nominate for this are:
Here are my questions:
- Describe yourself in three sentences.
- What do you feel that your best attributes are?
- What TV or film or book character do you most resonate with and why?
- At what point in your life did you realise that something needed to change?
- Who are you closest to in your life?
- Why did you choose to start a blog?
- What do you do for a living and do you enjoy it?
- If you had to pick either bowling, the cinema or ice skating, which one would you choose and why?
- What 3 tips would you give to a fellow blogger or someone looking to start a blog?
- How has blogging helped you in day to day life?
- What would be your best piece of advice to your younger self?
I look forward to reading all of your answers and to get to know you better 😊